Happy birthday MCH
On Thursday 19 April we celebrated Monash Children’s Hospital’s first birthday. Staff, volunteers and past and present patients and their families gathered in our atrium for singing, dancing, face painting, the Teddy Bear Hospital and of course some birthday cake!
Over the last year:
- We have treated over 100,000 children right across the city of Melbourne
- Specialty consulting has seen over 27,000 patients
- Theatre has performed 2,300 operations
- Emergency has managed 34,000 presentations
- Newborn has had over 1,000 admissions
- Inpatient units have treated over 10,000 children
- Our Children’s Cancer Centre has treated over 2,000 children
The celebrations, stories of personal experiences and thanks we received today has been a reflection of the community who support us daily, and we thank you all for joining us to celebrate this milestone.
Channel 9 was there to capture all the details, watch the clip below.
You can still give Monash Children’s Hospital a special first birthday gift by donating here. Together we can imagine a healthier future for sick kids!