Developed by the Monash Children’s Hospital Resuscitation Committee, this book is designed to provide clinicians with a weight-based guide to
- Signs of clinical instability / MET call criteria
- Medication doses in resuscitation situations (cardiac arrest, intubation)
- Endotracheal tube size and positioning
- Emergency management of seizures, asthma, anaphylaxis, and electrolyte disorders
Information is provided in a user-friendly, colour-coded layout. Tables and highlighting provide easy access to medication doses, appropriate dilution, and volumes to be administered. The book has laminated pages, is spiral-bound, and can easily be wiped clean. It is designed for use in clinical settings such as on a resuscitation trolley, in theatre, in the emergency department or intensive care.
APLS Australia have recently incorporated the use of our book in their courses. All medication doses and dilutions are referenced to standard resources, including:
- RCH (Melbourne) Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS)
- RCH Paediatric Injectable Guidelines
We have reviewed the first edition of our book, and are expecting to release a second edition in the first half of 2018.
Until that time, the first edition of the book remains available for sale.
For all enquiries regarding the Paediatric Emergency Medication Book, please contact Dr Simon Craig by email: firstname.lastname@example.org