How to become a volunteer at Monash Children’s Hospital
Volunteer at the new Monash Children’s Hospital
How to apply
- Request a Working With Children’s Check for a Volunteer at www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au
- Complete the Monash Children’s Hospital Volunteering Application Form and submit via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a hard copy of the form please speak to a volunteer guide at Monash Children’s Hospital Casey, Clayton or Dandenong.
- Once your application has been processed, if suitable, you will be required to attend an interview.
- If successful in your application, you will be asked to attend a volunteer induction and complete supervised volunteer shifts before officially starting your role.
- Applications will be assessed upon receipt. Please note that applicants will be required to pass a National Police Check in order to be accepted into our volunteering program.
To be eligible to volunteer with Monash Children’s Hospital you need to:
- Have a willing and enthusiastic attitude.
- Want to help improve the experience of our patients and their loved ones.
- Be committed to our organisational values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Be able to commit to a regular four hour shift each week for at least 12 months (holidays are of course allowed).
- Be willing to undergo a mandatory blood test and receive other vaccinations as required. Please note: it is compulsory to obtain an annual flu vaccine.
- Be willing to complete an interview.
- Be over the age of 18 and physically capable of undertaking the duties of a volunteer.
- Have no criminal history of violence, drug offences, sex offences or crimes against children, and have achieved a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Be able to contribute skills and experience gained from at least 12 months of paid work, or volunteer experience in a similar role, with referees able to attest to this.
There may be a number of reasons why we cannot accept your application at a particular time.
Most public hospitals within Victoria have volunteer programs. You may wish to contact other hospitals in your area for more information.
Your local council can also advise you of available volunteering opportunities.
Please note that the aim of our volunteer service at Monash Children’s Hospital is to improve the experience of our patients, families and staff. The recruitment of our volunteers is entirely separate to the recruitment of our employees, and having volunteered at Monash Children’s Hospital will not impact on your application for employment at the hospital.
- Monash Children’s Hospital Volunteering Application Form
- Monash Health e-Mercury
- Working With Children’s Check: www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au