Counselling and Psychology in the Community
The Child and Family Team at Monash Health Community provide allied health services to children. This also includes family support, counselling and psychology. The team provide support to vulnerable, socially isolated and at risk children and their families.
Child and Family Services offers:
- Supportive and flexible services.
- a philosophy which promotes positive parenting and child interaction
- services to enhance parent’s understanding of their child’s development.
- comprehensive multi-disciplinary screening assessments
- Child and family centred practice
The counselling team offer counselling and therapy to children, teenagers, families and carers. They have experience to assist to understand and develop skills in the areas of:
- Emotional and psychological problems
- Family and relationship problems
- Grief, loss and trauma
- Parenting and behavioural problems
- Post and antenatal depression
- Mother and baby attachment
Please contact the service for more information on: Childandfamilyprogram@monashhealth.org
Fees may apply for some services please ask access service for information.
For referrals please contact us via the following:
Phone: 1300 3 icare (1300 342 273)
Fax: (03) 9594 9221