Members of the Clinical Ethics Response Group (CERG) at Monash Children’s Hospital
Dr Carolyn Johnston, LLB (Hons), LLM, MA (Medical Ethics and Law) PhD
Carolyn chairs meetings of the CERG. She has extensive experience of clinical ethics consultation and has published on clinical ethics services. She is co-author of the textbook 100 Cases in Clinical Ethics and Law (2016, CRC Press).
She currently works at University of Tasmania (based in Melbourne) and holds an honorary appointment with Melbourne University.
Dr Bronwyn Sacks, MBBS FRACP FAChPM MBioethics
Clinical Lead of the CERG
Bronwyn has provided clinical leadership in establishing the Monash Children’s Hospital CERG. She has a background as a paediatric palliative care physician, and a strong interest in clinical ethics with a postgraduate qualification in Master of Bioethics. Bronwyn has contributed to research and policy in paediatric decision‐making and advance care planning.
Bronwyn works for the Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program, is clinical lead for Monash Children’s Paediatric Palliative Care, as well as Chief Medical Officer for Very Special Kids.
Dr Risha BHATIA MBBCh, MRCPCH, FRACP, MA (Health Care Ethics and Law), PhD
Risha Bhatia is a neonatologist with Monash Newborn. Her clinical and research interests lie in neonatal respiratory physiology, non-invasive respiratory support, newborn resuscitation as well as neonatal retrieval. She has a particular interest in health care ethics and is actively involved in the quality and educational activities of the neonatal unit.
Current members are:
- Antony Takla, Medical Student, Monash University
- Anusha Hingalagoda, CERG Coordinator
- Dr Ari Horton, Paediatric Cardiologist
- Dr Christina Fong, Emergency Paediatrician
- Dr Ciara Earley , General Paediatrician
- Dr Craig Walker, Paediatric Intensivist
- Dr Ed Giles, Paediatric Gastroenterologist
- Elizabeth MacKenzie, Senior Rehabilitation Social Worker
- Ellinor Willumsen, Social Worker
- A/Prof Giuliana Fuscaldo, Ethicist
- Jennifer Grant, Acting Nurse Unit Manager, Children’s Cancer Centre
- Jennifer Ward, Social Worker
- Joseph Nguyen, Medical Student, Monash University
- Lauren Linley, Critical Care Nurse, PICU
- Natalie Radin, Quality Safety and Innovation Manager
- Dr Peter Douglas, Bioethicist
- Dr Peter Ferguson, Paediatric Surgeon
- Dr Robert Roseby, Respiratory and General Paediatrician
- Sue Lamont, Allied Health Manager