Key design features of the new Monash Children’s Hospital include:
- Single-patient rooms with space for parents to stay
- On-site accommodation for families in emergency circumstances
- A range of accommodation in close proximity for regional and travelling families
- Dedicated parent lounges
- Rehabilitation areas for children, including clinically designed indoor and outdoor relaxation and play spaces
- A child-friendly diagnostic imaging suite that features ambient MRI technology
- A dedicated link bridge to Monash Women’s, providing a seamless care experience for our most vulnerable babies and their parents
- Rooftop helipad for emergency air ambulance transfers to both the new Monash Children’s Hospital and Monash Medical Centre
- A state-of-the-art Surgical Simulation Centre, which houses our Telehealth Service
- Separate entertainment spaces catering for different ages, including both indoor and outdoor play areas and break-out areas for older adolescents
- Bedside education and entertainment systems
- A bean bag cinema
- A captivating interactive wall
- Play areas for children and their visiting pets
- Access to natural light, fresh air and views throughout the hospital.
Click image to enlarge
Like our Monash Children’s Hospital dandelion, the dragonfly featured on our new hospital symbolises hope, strength, change and resilience.
The dragonfly rests on our new Monash Children’s Hospital, just as a real dragonfly would rest lightly on one’s shoulder – a gentle reminder to reconnect with our strength, courage and happiness.
Did you know?
Our beautiful dragonfly lights up at night.