Monash Emergency Books
Developed by clinical staff at Monash Children’s Hospital, the Paediatric Emergency Medication Book and the Newborn Emergency Medication Book provide weight-based guides to:
- Medication doses in resuscitation situations (cardiac arrest, intubation)
- Endotracheal tube size and positioning
- Emergency management of seizures, asthma, anaphylaxis, and electrolyte disorders
Information is provided in a user-friendly, colour-coded layout. Tables and highlighting provide easy access to medication doses, appropriate dilution, and volumes to be administered. The books have laminated pages, are spiral-bound, and can easily be wiped clean. They are designed for use in busy clinical settings, such as on a resuscitation trolley, in theatre, in the emergency department, special care nursery or intensive care.
APLS Australia have incorporated the Paediatric Emergency Medication Book in their courses. All medication doses and dilutions are referenced to standard resources, including:
- RCH (Melbourne) Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS)
- RCH Paediatric Injectable Guidelines
The second edition of the Paediatric book was released in 2018. Work has commenced on planning a third edition (hopefully available in the first half of 2023).
The Newborn book was published in February 2022.
Downloadable sample pages
View/download available sample pages for: